First-Term Placement Exams
To ensure that students are placed into courses for which they are well prepared, Drexel's faculty has developed a set of placement examinations. These examinations reflect the proficiency that is expected of students to be successful in the various college-level mathematics, chemistry, and modern language courses.
Please note: All incoming freshmen are required to complete placement exams. Placement exams will be available beginning Wednesday, May 3, 2017 and must be completed by Friday, June 30, 2017.
- Placement Exams and Your Fall Course Schedule – Deadlines, required exams for your major, and how to access the placement exams.
- Frequently Asked Questions – We recommend you review these before starting your placement exams.
- Placement Exam Outcomes – A list of courses you may be placed in as a result of your performance on the placement exams.
- Transfer Students – Transfer students will be contacted by their college or school regarding any placement examination requirements.
- International Student Placement – International students will be assessed on their proficiency in writing and speaking in English for proper course placement.
- AP, IB, and CLEP Credit Policies – While AP (and equivalent) scores will be taken into consideration for course placement, they are not a substitute for the placement exams.
- Students with Disabilities – To request an accommodation on the placement exams (such as extended time) due to a disability, students must first register with the Office of Disability Resources (ODR) prior to taking their exams.
We urge that you take these exams very seriously. Best of luck!