Applying for Your Degree
Before applying for your degree, you should first consult your academic advisor and DegreeWorks via DrexelOne to ensure that you are on track to graduate. Once you confirm you are on track to graduate, you can complete the application process. Please be aware of the deadlines listed below.
|Application for Degree
|Conferral Date of Diploma (Date appearing on diploma)
||June 15, 2018 (University-wide Commencement)
How to Apply for Your Degree
1. Access Your Degree Application
- Log in to DrexelOne.
- Select the "Academics" tab.
- Select the "Apply for Graduation" link in the "Grades, Transcripts, and Records" channel.
2. Select Your Most Recent Program Term
- For the program you intend to graduate from, choose the term you were last enrolled in.
- Do not automatically select the current term. While the current term may be correct in your case, ensure that you are selecting the last term when you were enrolled in the program you are planning to graduate from.
3. Verify Your Program Details
- Your current active program(s) will appear here.
- If you have two active programs shown (e.g., BSIS-IST and BSBA-COBA), you will need to apply for each separately.
- Only select "Continue" if all aspects of your program (major, concentration, and/or minor) are correct.
- If your current active program information is incorrect, please contact your academic advisor so they may update your program/major. Note that minors are only available at the undergraduate level.
4. Identify Your Anticipated Term of Graduation
- Next, identify the term/year when you plan to complete your degree requirements.
- Select "Continue."
5. Verify the Name on Your Diploma
- You will be asked to verify the name that will appear on your diploma. The official name shown is how your name will appear on your diploma. You may select "Current Name" in the dropdown menu to keep the name that is displayed.
- If you have a middle initial in your current official name and would prefer that your full middle name be displayed, select "New" from the dropdown. You will then be taken to the Diploma Name Change section for editing your middle name.
- If part of your official name is incorrect, you will need to follow the process outlined on the Updating Personal Information page in order to have the option of having it printed on your diploma.
- Once you have verified your official name or edited your middle initial to your middle name, select "Continue."
6. Indicate the Mailing Address to Receive Your Diploma
- Your diploma will be mailed to the address you provide at this time.
- Choose a saved address by selecting one from the "One of Your Addresses" dropdown, or select "New" in the dropdown to enter a different address.
- If you have selected "New" so that you can provide an address that is not listed, you will be taken to the "Diploma New Mailing Address" section to enter a new mailing address.
- Once the correct address has been provided, select "Continue."
7. Review the Degree Application Summary and Confirmation
- You will see the "Degree Application Summary" with the information you will be submitting as your graduation application.
- Please review this information carefully, then select "Continue."
- The Degree Application Confirmation page that appears signifies your application for graduation has been successfully submitted.
8. Complete a Commencement Form — for College of Medicine Students Only
- College of Medicine students should continue on to complete the corresponding form to their program on the College of Medicine website:
Next Steps After Applying for Your Degree
- Please review the official Commencement website for additional details as the event approaches.
- Contact your academic advisor about completion requirements in reference to your academic plan of study.
View your current degree application(s)
- Visit DrexelOne and select the "Academics" tab.
- Select the "More BannerWeb Student Services" link in the "Grades, Transcripts, and Records" channel.
- Select the "Student Records" link from the list.
- Select the "View Your Application(s) for Degree" link.
Diplomas will be mailed eight to ten weeks following the official university degree conferral date (i.e., the date appearing on your diploma) and once the degree has been academically cleared through the respective college/school and Office of the University Registrar.