Dragon Alumni Scholarship Application
The Dragon Alumni Scholarship program allows graduates of Drexel University to provide recommendations for prospective Drexel students. Recipients will receive $333 for each quarter they are enrolled full-time in classes. This award will not be applied in excess of 12 academic quarters and pays towards tuition only.
Drexel recognizes the valuable role alumni can play in helping prospective students learn more about the University and what to expect during their time here. Whether it is through a family friend, teacher, or even our Ask a Dragon program, we encourage prospective students to take the time to get to know our graduates and ask them questions.
For prospective students who make these connections and have a Drexel/MCP Hahnemann alumnus/alumna complete a scholarship recommendation form on their behalf, we will offer the Dragon Alumni Scholarship.
- Recommendations must be submitted during the academic year when the student is applying to Drexel. Current Drexel students are not eligible to be recommended for the Dragon Alumni Scholarship.
- To receive a Dragon Alumni Scholarship, students must be enrolled in a full-time day, undergraduate program.
- Recommendations from a parent, grandparent, or sibling will not be accepted. These relationships qualify prospective students for the University's Dragon Legacy or Dragon Family scholarships. We encourage these students to connect with additional alumni for this scholarship.
- Nursing ACE, RN-BSN Degree Completion, Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, and Radiologic Technology applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Only one recommendation will be honored per student.
Be sure to request a recommendation at least two weeks before the deadline to give your recommender enough time to write and submit a recommendation for you.
- For Freshman students: February 1
- For Transfer students:
- Fall (September) term: June 1
- Winter (January) term: November 15
- Spring (April) term: February 15
Student Submission Instructions
Completing the following recommendation request will generate an email to the alumnus/alumna you wish to receive a recommendation from. If you haven't already spoken with an alumnus/alumna, visit our Connect with Alumni webpage to make a connection before submitting this form.