For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Losing your Eligibility

Most types of financial aid have requirements in order to remain eligible to keep receiving these funds. It is important that you monitor your registration and academic progress as both have the potential to impact your financial aid!

Change in Status

Some financial aid awards require you to maintain a certain per term enrollment. If you are planning to change your status from full-time to part-time, or you decide to enroll for less than full-time for a single term, it is important you contact Drexel Central to determine if your financial aid will be affected. You may wind up losing some types of financial aid if you change your status or enroll for less than full-time.

Change to Plan of Study

Many programs have a particular plan of study that determines the terms you are to be enrolled for and how many credits each term. Your pre-determined plan of study also helps to determine how your financial is applied to your account and the amount of aid you can receive. If your registration changes from what is established by your program, there may be an impact on your financial aid eligibility. You should contact Drexel Central if you plan to make a change so you can be advised of any potential changes to your financial aid.

Change of Program Level

Financial aid eligibility is specific to level of your program (undergraduate, graduate or professional). If you change from one level to another, your eligibility may change.

Not Maintaining Required GPA

Most of the scholarships offered by Drexel requires you to maintain a specific cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA). If you do not meet the minimum GPA threshold at the time GPAs are reviewed, you will lose your scholarship for the next academic year. However, if your GPA increases to the minimum threshold after the cancellation period, your scholarship can be reinstated from that point forward for a pro-rated amount. You would need to contact Drexel Central once your GPA is again at the minimum amount.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

All students attending Drexel are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to remain eligible to receive financial aid. You should review the details of Drexel's SAP Policy for more details.

Complete Course Withdrawal

If you drop or withdrawal from all courses before 60% of the term has been completed, Drexel is required to use the Department of Education's Return of Title IV Funding Calculation to determine if you are eligible to retain any of your financial aid for the term. For more information on this process, please see the Return of Financial Aid Policy.