Change in Circumstances
We know there may be times when your or your family's circumstances change unexpectedly. In cases in which there has been an unforeseen change that creates a financial hardship, you may be able to receive assistance by using our appeal process.
Certain circumstances can be evaluated to determine if you may be eligible for additional federal and/or institutional financial aid. These circumstances are the following:
- Recent unemployment or reduction of income (not including voluntary retirement)
- Recent loss of one-time income
- Recent death of a parent or spouse
- Recent divorce or separation
- Recent injury/health-related issue
If you meet any of this criteria, please consider completing a Continuing Student Financial Aid Appeal Request Form [PDF]. If you have submitted an appeal and are awaiting the status of your decision, we suggest that you review alternative financing options that may be available to you.