For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Registration and Student Status Policies

Full-time or part-time status is determined at the point of admission. If you are admitted into a full-time program of study, you will be classified as full-time; in the event that the program of study is both a full-time and part-time program of study, your declaration of status will be recorded in the student record.

The assignment of status as full-time or part-time governs much of your student experience in regards to billing, financial aid, participation in the cooperative education program, and the ability to progress your academic program.

  • Full-Time Undergraduates – If you are enrolled as full-time, you will be required to maintain at least 12 credits per quarter.
  • Part-Time Undergraduates – If you are enrolled as part-time, you will be required to carry fewer than 12 credits per quarter.

Students Who Fall Below Full-Time Status

In the event that a full-time student falls below the 12 credit minimum, he or she will be notified by the advisor at the end of Week 3 of the quarter to discuss the impact of such and confirm status as full-time or change status to part-time for the subsequent quarter. 

Senior Year Exception

Students entering senior year must apply for their degree. Full-time senior-level students in their final quarter will be allowed to register below the 12 credit minimum. Even though they will be considered to have full-time status for all academic and institutional purposes, these students will be billed on a per credit basis and reported to the National Student Clearinghouse as less than full-time for all enrollment reporting purposes.

Students should be aware of the Senior Exception for Financial Aid policy.

Change of Status Due to Withdrawal From Courses

In the event that your schedule changes from full-time to part-time as a consequence of the withdrawal process, you will not need to file a change in curriculum or status form. You will still be considered to be working within the guidelines established by the program of study and official status designation; that is, a full-time student who falls below 12 credits because of a course withdrawal has attempted 12 credits and will maintain his or her status as full-time for program requirements, but will be considered less than full-time for enrollment reporting purposes.

Since you will have completed less than your attempted credits, you will be encouraged to discuss the Satisfactory Academic Progress ramifications with your academic advisor and Drexel Central. There will be no adjustment to your bill for such changes after the close of Week 7 of the quarter.

Change Due to Dropping of Course(s)

If you are a full-time student and you drop a course during the adjustment period, it is expected that you will add courses to maintain a full-time schedule (i.e., at least 12 credits). Throughout the adjustment period, your academic advisor will review your registration status to ensure that the standards of status designation are met. If during the adjustment period you fall below the full-time credit minimum of 12 credits and are not able to meet this standard, your charges will be reassessed automatically and your bill will be adjusted. However, if in the subsequent quarter you are again below 12 credits at the close of the registration period, you will be notified to confirm status with your academic advisor.

Change Due to Addition of Course(s)

If you are a part-time student and you enroll in 12 or more credits during the adjustment period, you will be charged as a full-time student. However, if in the subsequent quarter you again exceed 12 credits or more, you will be asked to confirm status with your academic advisor.

First-Time Freshman Registration

All first-time freshmen will be registered by the University for their first quarter of enrollment and will not receive a time ticket to register. They will also not have access to update their registration through DrexelOne. Questions about registration or requests to update course registration must be handled by the student's academic advisor.