How to Register for Courses
Course Registration is a multi-step process that supports your academic progress through careful planning. This page provides information on how to register. If you need help regarding the specific courses that are required to progress you toward your degree, please use DegreeWorks and consult with your academic advisor prior to actually registering for courses.
Please note that not all students will have the ability to register for courses online. There are specific programs and disciplines of study that require academic advising offices to register students for courses (e.g., newly admitted first-term students). Please check with the academic advising office of your college or school if you are uncertain if you should be registering online.
Information About New Course Registration Interface
Starting in the 2016–2017 summer quarter, Drexel will be launching a new course registration interface that will provide an enhanced experience. You can download the PDF for information about the enhancements to the registration experience or watching the video below:
Student Guide: New Registration Interface [PDF] – download the guide as a reference for navigating the new registration interface.
Preparing Your Preferred Schedules in Advance of Registration
As part of the continuous upgrades being made to the course registration experience for students, Drexel will be launching a new preparation resource in early July.
The Schedule Ahead resource will allow students to create sample course schedules for an upcoming term prior to their time ticket registration period. This new feature will enhance students' ability to map their academic progress and create up to 10 alternate schedules for an upcoming term, providing greater opportunities for effective planning. Once the student's registration time ticket has opened, they will have the option to complete registration based on a sample schedule created prior.
While this will be of great benefit to students, it is important to understand how to properly use the new resource. You can use the Student Guide: Schedule Ahead Registration Feature [PDF] to help you utilize this new tool.
Additionally, please note the following important aspects of the Schedule Ahead resource:
- The preparation resource will be available from Week 2 through Week 1 of an upcoming term (i.e., a student can create sample mock schedules for the Winter 2017–2018 term from Week 2 of Fall 2017–2018 up through Week 1 of Winter term).
- A student can create up to 10 mock schedules for an upcoming term.
- Students with registration holds will be able to use this feature, but will remain unable to complete actual course registration until their holds are resolved.
- Course restrictions and registration errors will not show when using the feature. Students should fully investigate each course they use in a sample schedule to ensure there will be no restrictions or errors when they attempt to complete actual course registration.
- Using this resource is for planning and demonstrative purposes only; creating a sample schedule does not guarantee a seat in any of the courses selected.
- As with all course planning, students should continue to utilize DegreeWorks and consult with their academic advisors.