For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Withdrawing from the University

To withdraw voluntarily from the university, if you're a full-time undergraduate student you must personally report to the college or school in which you’re enrolled to begin the process. In circumstances where in-person withdraw is not feasible, you may initiate withdraw action by writing to your college or school. Verbal or written notice to any university faculty, administrator, or staff person other than the designated person in the college or school is not sufficient for official withdraw or the determining of an effective date of withdraw. It is not possible to withdraw by telephone contact.

When setting the withdraw date, consideration will be given by the college or school for medical issues that may cause delay your filing for withdraw, such as hospitalization or psychological/emotional impairment. Official and appropriate documents will need to be presented.

The effective date of withdraw, which is normally no earlier than the date of initial contact with the college or school, determines the amount of refund and/or credit. The last day to withdraw from the university is the end of the sixth week of the respective term.

All full-time undergraduate students, whether assigned to school or industry, are considered to be active students and, accordingly, are responsible for satisfying all financial obligations accumulated until the time when they officially withdraw as explained above, or the university declares them inactive.

The following are the accepted reasons for withdraw from the university:

  • Academic
  • Career change
  • Financial
  • Medical
  • Transfer
  • Other/personal