Magna Mentor Commons
Magna Mentor Commons Institutional Subscription Information
To continue to meet the needs of all faculty and administrators, the DCAE has purchased a one-year institutional subscription to Magna Mentor Commons, which is a continuously growing collection of professional development videos, all 20 minutes in length, focused on different learning and development topics, including: Blended Learning, Classroom Management, Course Design, Grading and Feedback, Flipped Courses, Online Course Management, Student Engagement and many more. The videos will support an on-demand approach to faculty development and allow you to select topics or ideas that you find to be most important for your own professional development. Supplemental PowerPoint slides, review questions and other materials will also be available for your use. Please see below for step-by-step instructions on setting up your free account under our institutional subscription. Please note that this opportunity is available to any faculty or staff member, full-time or part-time, but cannot be extended to colleagues outside of the Drexel community.
STEP 1: Activate your 20-Minute Mentor Commons subscription
1. Go to www.magnapubs.com/sitelicense/registration.html?v=drexel0625
2. Enter information in each of the required fields. You will need an authorization code, which you can get by contacting the DCAE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-895-4973.
Please note: entering the Authorization Code is done only once.
STEP 2: Access the 20-Minute Mentor Commons library
1. Go to www.mentorcommons.com
2. Enter your email address & password & click Submit. If you do not know or remember your account password, use “Forget your password?” to reset it.
Once registered, you can access the content from anywhere by logging into www.mentorcommons.com.
Should you encounter technical issues, please contact Magna Customer Support directly at email@example.com or by calling 800-433-0499 ext. 2 or 608-246-3590 ext. 2 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday. All other questions can be directed to the DCAE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-895-4973.
New to the 20-Minute Mentor Commons library
- What is Essential in a Grading Policy?
- What Ethical Issues Lurk in My Grading Policy?
- How Can Grading Policy Options Influence Student Learning?