First Year Student Housing Application
Important Dates for the 2014-2015 Application Process
|Wednesday, March 19, 2014
||Applications open via MyHousing
|Thursday, May 15
||Last day to apply for a College Learning Community
|Thursday, May 15
||Priority Housing Deadline
| Friday, June 20
||Last day to submit any requests for medical accommodations to the Office of Disability Resources
|Week of June 30
||Time Tickets are sent to all students who have a completed MyHousing and submitted the $200 housing deposit via the Student E-Bill.
|Monday, July 7
||Online Room Self Selection Round 1 Opens: All students with Priority Housing and received a Time Ticket
|Monday, July 14
||Online Room Self-Selection Round 2 Opens: All students who applied for housing after the priority housing deadline and received a Time Ticket
|Sunday, July 20
||Online Room Self-Selection closes
||Assignments are available in MyHousing for all students. Move-In registration begins
A Complete 2014-2015 Housing Application is BOTH:
- A MyHousing Application with electronic signature. In DrexelOne, click on "MyHousing" and
- A submitted $200 housing deposit via the Student E-Bill, accessible in the "Student Tab" of DrexelOne
Students under the age of 18 at the time of MyHousing Application must have a Parent Pin number which was provided to the parents of matriculated students via e-mail. University Housing can provide Parent Pin to parents via phone (215-895-6155, option 1)
In order to access MyHousing, the student must have activated their Drexel University Computer Accounts. It will take up to 48-hours for access to MyHousing to be granted after accounts are activated. University Housing is unable to expedite this.
Freshmen students must live in a University Housing Main Campus residence hall. Freshmen are not eligible to live in Greek Housing, University-Affiliated Housing, or a University-Approved Property.
Priority Housing for 2014-2015
Freshmen who submit a Complete Housing Application (as defined above) prior to Thursday, May 15, 2014 will receive Priority Housing. A student with Priority Housing will be in the first round of issued Time-Tickets. More information about Time Tickets is described below.
Preferred Roommate Selection
The Preferred Roommate Selection will close for editing on Tuesday, July 1, 2014. Roommates accepted prior to July 1st will be able to participate in Self-Selection together. Students applying after June 20th, 2014 will not see the Preferred Roommate Selection step on their application.
On the MyHousing application, each student will complete a required Living Style Questionnaire. This short survey can be used to help search for a potential roommate. Students can also create and update a Roommate Profile about themselves; including the ability remove themselves from being searched in the roommate process.
University Housing will utilize the Living Style Questionnaire to assign students who choose not to participate in, or are not eligible for, Online Room Self-Selection. Students who go through Self-Selection without a preferred roommate will be able to log into MyHousing at any time to see who else has self-selected into their room (or suite, if applicable.) This information will not be emailed but will be available in “real time” through MyHousing.
Students have several options when searching for roommates in MyHousing
- Search for a specific student using their Last Name and their Web Screen Name (which is the Drexel User ID, i.e. ABC123).
- Browse for roommates by selecting answers to the Living Style Questionnaire
- Browse roommates who match the Living Style Questionnaire
- Students must mutually confirm each other. For example, if Bruce requests Clark, Clark must re-log back into MyHousing to confirm Bruce.
- You may only have up to 3 preferred roommates. Because of this, the system will only allow you to have three roommate requests or confirmed roommates total on your application. If you have already sent or received 3 preferred roommate requests, you will not be able to send new roommate requests until the other requests have been resolved.
Honors Program Learning Community
- Students who are accepted into the Honors Program, as part of the Pennoni Honors College, will have the ability to select the Honors Program Learning Community on the Housing Application. Only students accepted into the Honors Program, and whose Official Drexel administrative system record says this, are able to see this selection on the MyHousing Application.
- Participation in the Honors Program Learning Community precludes the student from participation in another College Learning Community.
- A student is not automatically placed into the learning community because they are in the Honors Program; this is a self-selected housing option.
College Learning Communities
College Learning Communities are available to students who are enrolled in the colleges, schools and programs listed below. In college learning communities, students live with other students from the same academic college, making it easier to form study groups or project teams. Each community is assigned to a specific area in a residence hall with a central common area, and they organize their own social and academic activities, from informal gatherings to ongoing lecture series. Please see the links for more information about the programs. After completing your application in MyHousing, you will be directed to information on any additional application steps specific to each program.
University Housing Applications for these programs are due by May 15, 2014: