First Year Student Housing Application
Applications for First Year Students are NOW OPEN
A Complete Housing Application is BOTH:
- A MyHousing Application with electronic signature. In DrexelOne, click on "MyHousing" and
- A submitted $200 housing deposit via the Student E-Bill, accessible in the "Student Tab" of DrexelOne
Students under the age of 18 at the time of MyHousing Application must have a Parent Pin number which was provided to the parents of matriculated students via e-mail. University Housing can provide Parent Pin to parents via phone (215-895-6155, option 1)
In order to access MyHousing, the student must have activated their Drexel University Computer Accounts. It will take up to 48-hours for access to MyHousing to be granted after accounts are activated. University Housing is unable to expedite this.
Freshmen students must live in a University Housing Main Campus residence hall. Freshmen are not eligible to live in Greek Housing, University-Approved Housing, or University-Affiliated Housing.
Freshmen who submit a Complete Housing Application (as defined above) prior to Wednesday, May 15, 2013 will receive Priority Housing. A student with Priority Housing will be in the first round of issued Time-Tickets. More information about Time Tickets is described below.
Completing the MyHousing Application
The Housing Application may be edited until Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Except the selection of a College Learning Community or Honors College). Editing the application does not remove the student from their "place in line" for a Time Ticket.
Preferred Roommate Selection
On the MyHousing application, each student will complete a required Living Style Questionnaire. This short survey can be used to help search for a potential roommate. Students can also create and update a Roommate Profile about themselves; including the ability remove themselves from being searched in the roommate process.
University Housing will utilize the Living Style Questionnaire to assign students who choose not to participate in, or are not eligible for, Online Room Self-Selection.
Students have several options when searching for roommates in MyHousing
- Search for a specific student using their Last Name and their Web Screen Name (which is the Drexel User ID, i.e. ABC123).
- Browse for roommates by selecting answers to the Living Style Questionnaire
- Browse roommates who match the Living Style Questionnaire
- Students must mutually confirm each other. For example, if Bruce requests Clark, Clark must re-log back into MyHousing to confirm Bruce.
- The Preferred Roommate Selection page may be edited until Sunday, June 30, 2013.
Pennoni Honors College
- Students who are accepted into the Pennoni Honors College will have the ability to select Millennium Hall on the Housing Application. Only students accepted into the Pennoni Honors College, and whose Official Drexel administrative system record says this, is able to see this selection on the MyHousing Application.
- Participation in the Pennoni Honors College Learning Community precludes the student from participation into another College Learning Community.
- A student is not automatically placed into Millennium Hall because they are in the Pennoni Honors College; this is a self-selected housing option.
College Learning Communities
College Learning Communities are available to students who are enrolled in the colleges, schools and programs listed below. In college learning communities, students live with other students from the same academic college, making it easier to form study groups or project teams. Each community is assigned to a specific area in a residence hall with a central common area, and they organize their own social and academic activities, from informal gatherings to ongoing lecture series. Please see the links for more information about the programs. College-specific questions will be asked on this MyHousing application page.
Applications for these programs are due by May 1, 2013.
|Friday, March 22, 2013
||Applications open via MyHousing
|Wednesday, May 1
||Last day to apply for a College Learning Community
|Wednesday, May 15
||Priority Housing Deadline
- Last day to apply for Penonni Honors College Housing
- Last day to submit any requests for medical accommodations to the Office of Disability Resources
|Monday, July 1
||Last day to edit the MyHousing application. MyHousing applications are locked for processing at this time
|Monday, July 8
||Time Tickets are sent to all students who have a completed MyHousing and submitted the $200 housing deposit via the Student E-Bill.
|Monday, July 15
||Online Room Self Selection Round 1 Opens: All students with Priority Housing and received a Time Ticket
|Monday, July 22
||Online Room Self Selection Round 2 Opens: All students who applied for housing between May 16, 2012 and July 3, 2012 and received a Time Ticket
|Sunday, August 4
||Online Room Self Selection closes
||Assignments are available in MyHousing for all students. Move-In registration begins