For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Returning Student Frequently Asked Questions

This collection of frequently asked questions (FAQ) provides brief answers to many common questions about the housing assignments for returning students. New students should reference the New Students page.

What if I change my mind about living on campus?

As outlined in the Housing Agreement, students who wish to cancel their housing are subject to cancellation fees and the forfeiture of the housing deposit. Please visit our cancellation page for more information.

How do I add additional terms to my assignment if I now need housing for a longer period of time?

Please send an email to from your Drexel email account with your Drexel ID and information on which additional terms you would like to add and University Housing will work with you to extend your assignment, space permitting.

Why is my Summer 2012 assignment different than my Spring 2012 assignment?

Demand for summer housing is much lower than that for fall, winter, and spring. For summer 2012, the following buildings are scheduled to be open: Caneris Hall, University Crossings, and portions of North Hall.

How do I get information on my assignment for 34th Street Housing?

Please visit 34th Street Housing page for more information on this housing option.

Why wasn't I placed with the roommate/suitemate I wanted?

Students may not have been paired up with another student if the student didn't submit an application, the student never submitted a housing deposit, the student didn't list you on their application, you did not list the student on your application, or the student contacted us to decline your request. Students should be sure to communicate with the other student to make sure they will be living in University Housing and that they wish to be housed with this student prior to submitting an Assignment Change Request.

Why didn't I receive an assignment in my first choice building?

Assignments were based on a number of factors, such as building rankings, date of application/deposit, FSBS participation, roommate/suitemate requests, summer 2011 assignment (if applicable), and class year (for example, 1st preference for University Crossings was given to rising Pre-Juniors and above). Students may submit an Assignment Change Request if they would like to have a building change. Building changes will be made on a first come, first serve basis by availability.

What should I do if I would like a change in my housing assignment?

Please submit an Assignment Change Request via the MyHousing account. This request form is available in the My Assignments box. In order to be fair and consistent to all students, University Housing will be unable to honor any email/phone/walk in requests and ask that students use the online Assignments Change Request function.