Summer Intern Housing Program
From June 23 – September 5, 2014, the Drexel Conference Center provides extended-stay housing in on-campus residential halls. Living in Summer Intern Housing at Drexel University is ideal for:
- Drexel University undergraduate or graduate students who are not eligible for summer term housing through the Office of University Housing (i.e. not enrolled in classes) but are required to be on campus durin ghte summer term for co-op interviews or internships.
- Non-Drexel students who have internships in Philadelphia during the summer.
- Non-Drexel students who are taking courses at local Philadelphia colleges or universities.
- Professionals who need short-term housing while visiting Philadelphia to attend academic or professional conferences.
- High school students who are participating in Drexel University sponsored summer programs, such as the Music Industry Program, sponsored by the Westphal College of Arts and Design.
To be eligible for summer accommodations, individuals must provide proof of employment, internship or enrollment in a local college or university. All guests must be over the age of 18; otherwise, they must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Drexel University is centrally-located in Philadelphia, PA and is a vibrant place to call home! Summer Intern Housing is located on the University City Campus. Housing accommodations include:
- 24-Hour Front Desk Security
- Private Bedrooms available
- Full Kitchens available on-site
- Free laundry located on-site
- Air-Conditioned Accommodations
- Free Internet Services
- Cable-Ready Bedrooms
- Close proximity to the Dining and Retail
- Vending Machines On-Site
- Multi-purpose room featuring television and gaming equipment
- 2 Blocks from the SEPTA Market-Frankford Subway Line and Trolley Line stops
- 3 blocks from Amtrak's 30th Street Station (located at 30th and Market Streets)
- 15 minute walk to Center City Philadelphia
For more information on eligibility and application procedures, please download the Agreement and Application [PDF]. If you have specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-895-0373.
Overview of Application Prodess for Summer Intern Housing:
- Email email@example.com for more information and pricing
- Provide the following information to confirm your reservation:
- Proof of employment/internship or enrollment in courses at a local college or university (offer and acceptance letters).
- Proof of health insurance (copy of insurance card is acceptable).
- Completed Agreement and Application. Scanned copies of pages 9, 10 and 11 must be completed and signed and returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment in full, via check or credit card. Online payment options will be provided if necessary.
- Roommate preference if applicable. Roommate matches are not provided by the Conference Center, however, if you have a preferred roommate, please mention that during this application process.
- Linen request, if applicable.