University Department DragonDollar Cards
Departmental Dragon Dollar Cards
Departmental Dragon Dollar Cards reduce the need for petty cash and cash exposure, assist in making simple, non-personal transactions, allow departments to utilize the University club and make purchases at all Dragon Dollars merchant locations.
Department cards can be used at any retail location on campus, or anywhereoff campus that accepts DragonDollars.
In addition, the Department card can be used atParking Services and the Drexel Copy Center.
The use of Department DragonDollar Cards is governed by the following administrative procedures:
Procedure: Department Card
Responsible Department: DragonCard Office
Responsible Division: Student Life and Administrative Services
Reduces the need for petty cash and cash exposure, assist in making simple, non-personal transactions, and allows departments to utilize the University club and make purchases at Dragon Dollars merchant locations.
Approved faculty and staff can make purchases with departmental funds by using a Department Card. For the University Club and retail merchants who accept Dragon Dollars.
Drexel University qualified departments, and student organizations. To obtain a Department card complete the DragonCard office Department card application and mail or deliver the application in person to the DragonCard office. Approved applicants will be issued their Department card.
Cardholders are responsible for all purchases and returns/refunds made to their accounts, as well as monthly reconciliation and maintaining all records and receipts. A monthly statement will be issued from the DragonCard office to support the reconciliation. Original documents and associated receipts should be kept by the cardholder’s department in the event an internal audit is requested. Budget Managers that delegate Department cards to individuals also delegate the scope of the responsibility to that individual.
Lost or stolen cards need to be reported immediately to the DragonCard office. Also, employees that terminate employment with the University must immediately surrender their Department Card to the department’s Budget Manager.
Department cards should never be used for:
- Personal purchases (even with the intent of reimbursing the University)
- Purchases that expose the University to liability or present potential health, safety, occupational, environmental, or other risks (e.g., radioactive materials, explosives, live animals, etc.)
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- Department funds may not be loaded or transferred to any employee (staff or faculty) DragonCard.
- Funds on the card are not refunded to the department and will roll over each fiscal year.
- Minimum start up for account is set at $50; maximum balance not to exceed $2000.
- The last day for transferring funds to card each calendar year is the third Friday in May.