Undergraduate New Student Orientation (NSO)
Welcome to Drexel University!
New freshmen and transfer students attending New Student Orientation in July and August 2013 will be issued their DragonCard on Day 2.
Students who did not submit their photo, or whose photo was not accepted by the DragonCard Office, will also take their picture on Day 1. The DragonCard will be printed and distributed the following day.
New Student Orientation staff will inform students during registration whether or not a new picture is necessary and issue an individual Time Ticket for the photo.
A valid government issued photo identification is required to receive the DragonCard. The DragonCard will not be issued to anyone - including a parent - except for the student. In order to protect the student's identity and privacy, there can be no exceptions to this requirement.
Summary of DragonCard-related events during New Student Orientation:
- Photos taken if student's photo was previously not recorded.
- Talk with DragonCard Office staff about the DragonDollars program during New Student Orientation registration.
- Purchase a $30 DragonDollars Gift Card for $25 ($5 savings!) and use it today at DragonDollar merchants on-campus and off-campus. Gift card does not expire and can be used at any location who accepts DragonDollars.
- DragonCard is distributed to the new student with a valid government-issued photo identification.
- Add DragonDollars to your account from 12-2 p.m. in the Creese Student Center. Orientation Special: Add $50 and receive an extra $5!
- Talk with DragonCard Office staff at the Dragon Expo in the Recreation Center or in the Creese Student Center.
The DragonCard Office invites new students and their guests to visit the DragonDollars merchants while visiting Drexel University. Show your New Student Orientation name tag at most merchants for a discount.