General Accounting Overview
The mission of General Accounting is to maintain and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the University's financial records through the development and maintenance of effective procedures and controls.
General Accounting ensures that all transactions are made in accordance with Drexel University's policies and generally accepted accounting principles established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Through training and communication, the University community is served and kept informed about the various accounting processes and systems. The office seeks to utilize technology in the most effective manner to improve overall operations.
WHAT CAN GENERAL ACCOUNTING HELP ME WITH?
- Completing a service department charge form
- Completing a journal entry or transaction correction
- Providing training on Web*Finance
- Updating a capital asset's location
- Disposing of a capital assets