Apply for Your Degree
Application for Degree Form
Deadline: April 25
If you are planning to receive a degree in the spring term, you must have filed an Application for Degree form with the Office of the University Registrar. The deadline for submitting this form via DrexelOne is April 25. If you have not filed this form, please do so immediately, as this is what enables you to be a degree candidate and initiates the ordering of your diploma. If you do not meet the deadline, your name will not appear in the Commencement program.
Apply for Your Degree
- Access DrexelOne to apply for your degree
- Click on the Academics Tab
- Within the Grades, Transcripts and Records channel select Apply for Graduation
- Visit Drexel Central for full instructions
SPECIAL NOTE for Students Who Were Awarded Degrees in the Preceding Summer, Fall or Winter Terms
Students who completed their degree requirements and received diplomas in the summer '15, fall '15 or winter '16 terms are eligible to take part in Commencement but should not file an application for degree
- All grades are due by Wednesday, June 15 at noon. There is no early grade submission for degree candidates.
- Degree clearing will take place June 16-July 5.
- A representative from each academic department will coordinate graduation clearing for that department's students in DegreeWorks with a member of the University Registrar staff.
- If you have questions, please visit AskDrexel.
- The ability to participate in Commencement activities, or "walk through," is available to students who will not have met their degree requirements by the end of spring term and are not degree candidates for spring term. After your advisor has signed your form, it should be returned to Drexel Central for Undergraduate Students and the Graduate College for Graduate Students by May 27th 2016 at 5:00 PM. Students who submit the form after the deadline will not have their name appear in the Official Commencement booklet.
- "Walkthrough" students will not receive a diploma until the term in which all requirements are met and they are officially cleared for graduation.
- Walkthrough students are not considered degree candidates and therefore are not exempt from final exams in the spring
- To be eligible for walkthrough status, the following must apply:
- You are a full-time student, within 20 credits of completing requirements, and you will complete your remaining credits by the end of the summer or fall term following Commencement.
- You are a part-time student, within 12 credits of completing requirements, and you will complete your remaining credits by the end of the summer or fall term following Commencement.
- You are completing a thesis or dissertation, you have defended your work (Ph.D. candidates must submit their D-5 to of the Graduate College by Friday, May 27th, 2015) and are within two weeks of forwarding the completed dissertation copy to Hagerty Library.
- For MS students with no thesis requirement, you are within six credits of completing your degree requirements at the end of the spring term and will complete all the assignments by the end of the summer term following Commencement.
At your College or School ceremony, a professional photographer will take your photograph as you are individually recognized. In two to six weeks, you will receive a proof copy of this photograph and at that time you will have an opportunity to order enlargements and duplicates. Please note: You are under no obligation to take advantage of this service.