Dionicio Martinez Solorio, PhD
Department of Chemistry
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Pennsylvania, 2011-2016
- PhD, University of Alabama, 2011
- BA, University of California, Santa Cruz, 2004
Research in the Martinez Solorio Laboratory is driven by the total synthesis of complex biologically active natural products which will serve as inspirational platforms for the discovery and development of new reactions and synthetic methods.
Total synthesis of natural products and methodology development provides an excellent educational opportunity to all post-graduate, graduate, and undergraduate students for careers in academia and the pharmaceutical or chemical industry.
Dionicio Martinez Solorio was born in Delano and raised in Wasco, California, the agricultural heartland of the Southern Central Valley. He earned a BA in Chemistry from the University of California, Santa Cruz in 2004 and a PhD in 2011 from the University of Alabama under the guidance of Professor Michael P. Jennings. His graduate research focused on the total synthesis of natural products. In 2011, Dionicio moved to Philadelphia to pursue post-doctoral studies in the laboratory of Professor Amos B. Smith, III at the University of Pennsylvania where he developed reusable silicon-based reagents for palladium-catalyzed carbon-carbon bond formation. In June 2016, Dionicio joined the faculty at Drexel where he is an assistant professor in the department of chemistry.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Opportunity in Synthetic Organic Chemistry
Total synthesis of complex biologically active natural products serving as inspirational platforms for the discovery and development of new reactions and synthetic methods
- Martinez-Solorio, D.; Melillo, B.; Sanchez, L.; Liang, Y.; Lam, E.; Houk, K. N.; Smith, A. B., III “Design, Synthesis, and Validation of an Effective, Reusable Silicon Based Transfer Agent for Room Temperature Pd- Catalyzed Cross Coupling Reactions of Aryl and Heteroaryl Chlorides with Readily Available Aryl Lithium Reagents” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 1836.
- Martinez-Solorio, D.; Hoye, A. T.; Nguyen, M. H.; Smith, A. B., III “The Design, Synthesis and Validation of Recoverable and Readily Reusable Siloxane Transfer Agents for Pd-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling Reactions.” Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 2454.
- Smith, A. B., III; Hoye, A. T.; Martinez-Solorio, D.; Kim, W.−S.; Tong, R. “Unification of Anion Relay Chemistry (ARC) with the Takeda and Hiyama Cross-Coupling Reactions: Identification of an Effective Silicon-Based Transfer Agent.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 4533
- Martinez-Solorio, D.; Belmore, K. B.; Jennings, M. P. “Synthesis of the Purported Pochonin J Structure via a Stereoselective Mismatched Oxocarbenium Allylation.” J. Org. Chem. 2011, 76, 3898.
- Martinez-Solorio, D.; Jennings, M. P. “Formal Synthesis of (-)-Neopeltolide Featuring a Stereoselective Oxocarbenium Formation/Reduction Sequence.” J. Org. Chem. 2010,75, 4095.
- Martinez-Solorio, D.; Jennings, M. P. “Convergent Formal Syntheses of (+)-Brussonol and (+)-Abrotanone via an Intramolecular Marson Type Cyclization.” Org. Lett. 2009, 11, 189.
- Martinez-Solorio, D.; Jennings, M. P. “Chemoselective TBS deprotection of Primary Alcohols By Means Of Pyridinium Tribromide (Py•Br3) in MeOH.” Tetrahedron Lett. 2008, 49, 5175.
- Martinez-Solorio, D.; Jennings, M. P. “The Total Synthesis and Absolute Configuration Determination of (+)-Bruguierol C.” J. Org. Chem. 2007, 72, 6621.