My lab conducts research on the prevention and treatment of eating disorders and obesity. I am also interested in biobehavioral factors that predispose some individuals to develop these conditions. I have conducted fMRI and EEG studies to better understand brain processes (e.g., reward, inhibition, impulsivity) that are influential in the development and treatment of obesity and eating disorders.
My research involves studying eating and weight regulation - and eating and weight disorders - from the perspective of clinical psychology, nutritional science, psychobiology, and neuroscience. The following describes five general areas in which my research group has been exploring these domains
- The relationship between dieting, overeating, and weight control
- Obesity and the prevention of weight gain and weight regain
- Eating disorders research
- Integrating biological and psychological perspectives on eating and weight regulation
- Research on the "power of food"