Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Online Program
Drexel University’s accredited online Bachelor of Science in Psychology is at the forefront of neuropsychology, forensic psychology, cognitive neuroscience, and health and clinical psychology.
Designed to provide an exceptional foundation in this growing field, the online BS in Psychology curriculum enables students to explore an extensive range of topics, issues and methodology.
This expansive approach makes Drexel’s online Bachelor's in Psychology program an ideal stepping stone for advanced training in psychology, health sciences and related industries. At the same time, it arms students with the requisite skills, insight and knowledge to exceed employer expectations, while also making a difference in the field.
Psychology is a multi‐faceted discipline that seeks to understand the complexities of the brain and behavior — from the biological basis of cognition and brain function to the psychological and social factors that play a key role in development, health, rehabilitation, and everyday living. Using advanced research techniques and statistics, students will master the science of effective statistical analysis and research methodology, which are in‐demand skills for both research and corporate employers.
Career Outlook and Opportunities
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for psychologists are expected to grow at a rate of about 12% through 2018, with the need for psychological services in schools, hospitals, substance abuse treatment centers, and social services agencies fueling this trend. There will be a growing demand for trained professionals in clinical, school and industrial‐organizational psychology.
In addition to psychology, this online degree prepares students to work in a number of other industries, including sports, education, social services, advertising, marketing, health care, and politics.
The BS in Psychology Degree Features:
- A scientist/practitioner model of study that provides a solid foundation in both research methods and the practical application of psychological science
- Courses accredited by the highest level of accreditation, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- An effective complement of skills and tools that can be applied to business, health, forensic science, law, education, counseling, and more
- An opportunity to explore personal career interests
- Students are taught by Drexel’s College of Arts and Sciences internationally renowned faculty
- Online learning methodologies designed to challenge and engage students
- The Bachelor of Science in Psychology online program is convenient for working professionals and 100% online, with no on‐campus visits required
Visit Drexel Online to learn more about the Online Bachelor of Science in Psychology