Employment in the Department of Physics
Job Posting: Electronic Instrumentation/Software Specialist
Job Overview: We are seeking an individual to serve as an Electronic Instrumentation Specialist for the Department of Physics. This individual will be responsible for overseeing daily electronics shop operations; work independently or in collaboration with faculty, lab managers and staff on the design, construction, installation, maintenance and repair of electronic and/or mechanical equipment, computers/controllers and/or software used in research and educational activities.
Qualifications: A bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years experience. Qualified candidates must have strong customer service focus.
- Education and experience as outlined above.
- Mechanical and design skills to build and maintain instruments and equipment for research and teaching labs.
- Electronics knowledge to repair instruments and to design and build new equipment.
- Familiarity with data acquisition and computer interfaces.
- Software knowledge to install and maintain applications and operating systems.
- Excellent oral, written, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with developments in instrumentation, maintain contact with vendors in determining availability and cost of electronics, mechanical equipment, sensors, instruments and computers.
- Other related duties as needed.
- Experience in the use of machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, saws, etc. is desirable.
High voltage circuits and switches.
- High vacuum pumps, plumbing and devices.
- Computer configuration and troubleshooting.
- Audio-visual hardware.
Supplemental Posting Information: Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.
For more information about Drexel University, please visit drexel.edu.
Contact: All applicants must apply online at DrexelJobs.com.