CNHP Engagement, Marketing & Communications Department
The Marketing & Communications team is here to help College departments, practices, programs and initiatives achieve strategic communications and marketing goals. We are an in-house marketing service team that is available to all CNHP Faculty and Staff. Our team members specialize in creating print, email, web, and social media content for the promotion of all things CNHP.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Before we can begin work on any project, we ask you to email email@example.com. This email address is checked daily, and project requests sent to any other email address(es) are at risk of being missed. Requests will be answered on a first come, first serve basis, with regards to any event dates listed.
We serve as liaisons to University Communications in responding to media inquiries, pitching news stories to the media, developing press releases, media alerts, announcements and other professional connections. Please contact us if you would like to explore these options to promote your event.
There are great stories to tell about Drexel’s College of Nursing and Health Professions, including yours. We can provide assistance in writing content for both web and print projects. We help you to develop your messages based on the College’s strategic goals as well as yours, infuse the College’s voice and tailor the language and tone to reflect the needs of your unique audiences.
Our online events calendar is available for user-generated information on symposiums, colloquiums, exhibits, lectures and more. If you would like to promote an upcoming event, we can provide a variety of marketing materials to you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
If you would like assistance planning an event or conference, please contact Wayne Miller, director of event services, at email@example.com to set up a meeting. In the meantime, please look over this checklist and begin gathering applicable information.
The Daily Dose, our new news source, post items in the categories like scholarship, news form departments, events and student life. Items can be submitted from the Daily Dose page just by clicking on the submission button on the right side of the page. The CNHP newsletter, Off the Charts, is still a news source for top stories and upcoming events. If you have an idea for a news story, please contact Roberta Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing materials include advertisements, flyers, post cards, brochures, posters, invitations, info sheets, etc. We will ask for the following information: do you have a budget, do you need photography and/or graphic design work only and if the plan to print the materials yourself or need us to get a quote.
Printed advertisements are NOT meant to be emailed to large lists. If you’d like to send out an email blast, please refer to the EMAIL section.
If you need images, we can help. We have a catalog of images on file and ready to use in marketing materials. If we do not have what you need, we can help you by taking photos for you or suggesting a freelance photographer to you.
We are happy to help you promote your event via email to the various audiences within CNHP and to the world at large. We create HTML emails that highlight your content and images, and distribute them to your audience with the help of Drexel University Information Technology (DUIT). We work with you to set up an email distribution schedule, and to provide analytics for your mailings.
- Emails take the form of an HTML file.
- Emails are NOT an attachment. The HTML file will form the body of the email itself, and users will see it right away upon opening the email.
- In addition, email files are not meant to be printed.
If you are requesting an email...
- Edits need to be finalized 24 hours prior to the time at which you’d like for the email to be distributed. This allows ample time for our team to send the file to Drexel University Information Technology (DUIT) for distribution.
- A reply-to address is required in your request, even if registration and RSVPs will be handled online.
- Please indicate and/or attach your audience and contact lists to whom you’d like the email to be sent.
- Please include any logos or images that you’d like to include in the email. Images must be no larger than 200 x 200 pixels. Images larger than this will be scaled down.
Through live streaming, we're able to take CNHP presentations and events from Philadelphia to individual computers around the world in real time. We are engaging students, alumni, educators and scholars and encouraging them to expand their horizons. Programs stream live via Adobe Connect, and then are archived on our YouTube channel.
The content development, content architecture, image selection and production we provide is focused on strategy, usability, web standards and best practices. We are enthusiastic about messaging and branding consistency across Drexel University and College of Nursing and Health Professions web pages.
NOTE: While many people across CNHP have been trained to make changes in Sitecore, only Marcom can approve and publish those changes. We strictly adhere to the CNHP (Associate Press Stylebook) and University Communications style guides for content. For those who are trained and still need assistance with new pages or other components, we ask that you arrange a meeting with our web manager* to discuss the request. (We currently don’t have a web manager, so requests should be still be made to email@example.com.)
Web Content Details
- Your web content will take the form of either a standard page or an event page
- In addition, we can place your event on both the University and CNHP Calendar webpages upon request
If you are requesting additions/edits to web content...
- You must include the link to the page(s) that you would like to have updated
- Please paste the page content into a Word Doc with track changes, or a marked up PDF file from Adobe Acrobat
- NOTE: If you are requesting a new page, or a change to the CNHP Web structure, we will ask that you arrange to meet with our web master to discuss your request
Please fill out the profile template and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for a new profile or to make changes to an existing one and to arrange to have your head shot taken.
Drexel’s College of Nursing and Health Professions knows that many of the people we are trying to reach are using social media. The advantage of these venues is that content that is often a little too informal, quirky, cute or "cool" for traditional news releases and brochures is perfect for those outlets.
We will gladly work with you to post your content on our various social media pages. CNHP has accounts/pages on the following sites:
CNHP Event Services department provides support for all College CE courses, College-wide and alumni events. We are available to assist with all aspects of your event including:
- Contract selection and negotiation of off-campus venues
- Campus space reservations
- Course and event registration, reporting and financial accounting
- Event production and timeline development
- Vendor recommendations and selection
- Printing and mailing coordination with CNHP College Engagement, Marketing and Communications
- Logistical support
- Menu planning and catering selections
- Coordination of CNHP IT services
- Accreditation support for CE events
Events requiring support and marketing should be planned at least three months in advance to ensure availability of resources and maximize attendance at the event.
Director, Event Services