CNHP Engagement, Marketing & Communications Department
The Marketing & Communications team is here to help College departments, practices, programs and initiatives achieve strategic communications and marketing goals. We are an in-house marketing service team that is available to all CNHP Faculty and Staff. Our team members specialize in creating print, email, web, and social media content for the promotion of all things CNHP.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Before we can begin work on any project, we will ask you to email email@example.com. This email address is checked daily, and project requests sent to any other email address(es) are at risk of being missed. Requests will be answered on a first come, first serve basis, with regards to any event dates listed.
We serve as liaisons to University Communications in responding to media inquiries, pitching news stories to the media, developing press releases, media alerts, announcements and other professional connections. Please contact us if you would like to explore these options to promote your event.
There are great stories to tell about Drexel’s College of Nursing and Health Professions, including yours. We can provide assistance to you in writing content for both web and print projects. We help you to develop your messages based on the College’s strategic goals as well as yours, infuse the College’s voice, and tailor the language and tone to reflect the needs of your unique audiences.
Our online events calendar is available for user-generated information on symposiums, colloquiums, exhibits, lectures and more. If you would like to promote an upcoming event, we can provide a variety of marketing materials to you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
The CNHP Newsletter, Off the Charts is your one-stop news source for top CNHP news stories, social media updates, upcoming events and other communication venues. If you have an idea for a news story, please contact Roberta Perry at email@example.com
Printed Advertisement Details
- Most marketing materials that fall under this category are items that will be printed out as a flyer, post card, brochure, or info sheet.
- These items will be placed in campus buildings and practice buildings for people to view, read, and/or take home with them.
- These materials will initially be created as a Word Doc or PDF file, and will then be printed out on paper.
If you are requesting printed advertisement material...
- Please indicate your budget.
- If you are requesting that our department complete photography and/or graphic design work only, and plan to print the materials yourself, please indicate this in your project request as well.
- Printed advertisements are NOT meant to be emailed to large lists. If you’d like to send out an email blast, please refer to the EMAIL section.
If you need images, we can help. We have several images on file and ready to use in marketing materials. If we do not have what you need, we can help you by taking photos for you or suggesting a freelance photographer to you.
We are happy to help you promote your event via email to the various audiences within CNHP and to the world outside of Drexel. Emails can be created for internal, CNHP announcements or for events such as colloquiums, symposiums, and speaker series. We create HTML emails that highlight your content and images, and distribute them to your audience with the help of Drexel University Information Technology (DUIT). We work with you to set up an email distribution schedule, and to provide analytics for your mailings.
- Emails take the form of an HTML file.
- Emails are NOT an attachment. The HTML file will form the body of the email itself, and users will see it right away upon opening the email.
- In addition, email files are not meant to be printed.
If you are requesting an email...
- Edits need to be finalized 24 hours prior to the time at which you’d like for the email to be distributed. This allows ample time for our team to send the file to Drexel University Information Technology (DUIT) for distribution.
- A reply-to address is required in your request, even if registration and RSVPs will be handled online.
- Please indicate and/or attach your audience and contact lists to whom you’d like the email to be sent
- Please include any logos or images that you’d like to include in the email. Images must be no larger than 200 x 200 pixels. Images larger than this will be scaled down.
Through live streaming, we're able to take CNHP presentations and events from Philadelphia to individual computers around the country and beyond, all in real time. We are engaging students, alumni, educators and scholars and encouring them to expand their horizons.
Programs stream live via Adobe Connect, and then are archived on our YouTube channel.
Ours is a small but mighty web developing team that provides content development, content architecture, image selection, and production, all with a focus on strategy, usability, web standards, and best practices. We are enthusiastic about messaging and branding consistency across Drexel University and College of Nursing and Health Professions web pages. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you one-on-one to discuss your web needs, your strategic goals, and web capabilities and challenges.
Web Content Details
- Your web content will take the form of either a standard page or an event page
- In addition, we can place your event on both the University and CNHP Calendar webpages upon request
If you are requesting additions/edits to web content...
- You must include the link to the page(s) that you would like to have updated
- Please paste the page content into a Word Doc with track changes, or a marked up PDF file from Adobe Acrobat
- NOTE: If you are requesting a new page, or a change to the CNHP Web structure, we will ask that you arrange to meet with our web master to discuss your request
Please fill out our profile template and send to the firstname.lastname@example.org email. Photo sessions for faculty are held once or twice a year. Please contact our designer Craig Schlanser to be included in the next scheduled session.
Drexel’s College of Nursing and Health Professions knows that many of the people we are trying to reach are using Facebook, YouTube, RSS feeds, Twitter, Instagram and other social media. The advantage of these venues is that content that is often just a little too informal , quirky , cute or "cool" for traditional news releases and brochures is perfect for Facebook and other social media outlets. We will gladly work with you to post your content to our various social media pages.
If you would like to promote your event via social media, the CNHP has accounts/pages on the following sites: