Certificate Level: Graduate
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Certificate Type: Post-Baccalaureate
Number of Credits to Completion: 19.0
Instructional Delivery: Online
Calendar Type: Quarter
Financial Aid Eligibility: Not aid eligible
**This program is not currently accepting applications from students living in Iowa, Louisiana, or Wisconsin.
Drexel University accepts New York residents into this program. Clinical Rotations, however, cannot be in New York State. This will not affect New York certification and licensure.
Students living in North Carolina may be admitted to the program, however cannot complete their clinical practicum requirements in the state of North Carolina. Clinicals may be completed in a neighboring state.
The Drexel Online Innovation in Nursing Certificate is designed for the student who seeks to re-invent and innovate in nursing practice in a variety of roles, as clinician, educator, administrator, clinical scientist, or in the business environment of healthcare. This program is ideal for students who want to understand the theories of innovation, examine some successful and failed innovations, as well as learn what it takes to be a successful intra/entrepreneur. This certificate is available for individuals that hold a Bachelor's degree. This certificate is available for individuals that hold a Bachelor's degree.
This program provides a five-course grouping of classes focusing on re-inventing and promoting innovative nursing practice in a variety of roles, as clinician, educator, administrator, clinical scientist or in the business environment of healthcare. Courses are chosen from the MSN in Nursing Innovation. It is designed to emphasize entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial approaches to advanced nursing practice.
Courses completed for this certificate program can be applied to the MSN in Nursing Innovation. They may also be applied as elective credits to other MSN programs at Drexel. If you are interested in applying the credits to an MSN program at Drexel, please consult with your Academic Advisor.
- Synchronous online lectures are offered in a highly-interactive online learning method that challenges and engages students
- Fully accredited curriculum by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)*
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel's acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
What makes the Drexel program unique?
- A nationally renowned faculty with expertise in the field.
- Convenient online format ideal for working professionals.
- Special tuition rates available for employees of health system partners.
- Innovative technology using a highly interactive e-learning method
The College of Nursing and Health Professions has a compliance process that may be required for every student. Some of these steps may take significant time to complete. Please plan accordingly.
Visit the Compliance pages for more information.
Master of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE. GPA of 2.75 or above on all previous coursework.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to Drexel from all the colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the college/university seal over the flap. Please note that transcripts are required regardless of number of credits taken or if the credits were transferred to another school. An admission decision may be delayed if you do not send transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Transcripts must show course-by-course grades and degree conferrals. If your school does not notate degree conferrals on the official transcripts, you must provide copies of any graduate or degree certificates.
- If your school issues only one transcript for life, you are required to have a course-by-course evaluation completed by an approved transcript evaluation agency
- Use our Transcript Lookup Tool to assist you in contacting your previous institutions
Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study. References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members.
Personal Statement/ Essay:
Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular post master’s certificate
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program
- Your plans upon completing the certificate
Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences.
A copy of your current, unrestricted RN license or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse.
Additional requirements for International Students.
Tuition and Fee Rates:
Please visit the Tuition and Fee Rates page
Application Link (if outside organization):