The MSN in Innovation and Intra/Entrepreneurship in Advanced Nursing Practice is designed for the nurse who seeks to re-invent and innovate nursing practice in a variety of roles: as clinician, educator, administrator, or clinical scientist.
This is the first program of its kind in the nation for inquisitive, innovative nurses who have ideas to improve and change healthcare delivery. This program is for highly-disciplined and independent-thinking nurses whose career objectives may not be met by a traditional graduate nursing curriculum or career. The ultimate aim of this groundbreaking degree is to graduate creative and inventive nurses who can make meaningful and unique contributions to the healthcare industry.
What you’ll learn
The program offers an entrepreneurial focus and curriculum flexibility to support completion of a substantive capstone project that demonstrates innovation and the extension of the creative boundaries in nursing education, nursing administration, nursing practice or entrepreneurial business.
- Gives students the ability to make ideas a reality;
- Teaches students new skills to support changing ideas into reality;
- Develops students as a creative and inventive nurses who can make meaningful and unique contributions to the healthcare industry;
- Is a good ‘fit’ for students whose career objectives may not be met by a traditional graduate nursing curriculum or career path.
Students may elect to use the 3 electives to obtain a post-baccalaureate concentration in a specialty area of interest, such as:
- Forensic Trends and Issues in Contemporary Healthcare
- Leadership in Health Systems Management
- Nursing Education and Faculty Role
- Issues in Human Trafficking
- Substance Use Disorders Counseling
- Veterans’ Healthcare
What makes this MSN program unique?
- First program of its kind, designed specifically for innovative nurses.
- Convenient online format ideal for working professionals.
- You are part of the Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions with access to clinical practice environments and interprofessional simulated health care scenarios.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions has a compliance process that may be required for every student. Some of these steps may take significant time to complete. Please plan accordingly.
Visit the Compliance pages for more information.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by NLN and/or CCNE with a GPA of 3.0 or above on all previous coursework or last 60 credits completed. Applications from RNs with GPA < 3.0 may be considered on individual basis.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to Drexel from all the colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the college/university seal over the flap. Please note that transcripts are required regardless of number of credits taken or if the credits were transferred to another school. An admission decision may be delayed if you do not send transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Transcripts must show course-by-course grades and degree conferrals. If your school does not notate degree conferrals on the official transcripts, you must provide copies of any graduate or degree certificates.
- If your school issues only one transcript for life, you are required to have a course-by-course evaluation completed by an approved transcript evaluation agency
- Use our Transcript Lookup Tool to assist you in contacting your previous institutions
Two professional references required from colleagues or supervisors who can attest to applicant's clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study. Recommendation letters must include address, phone number, and signature of recommender. The envelope must be submitted unopened.
- You may use our electronic letter of recommendation service
- If a recommender prefers to submit an original, hard copy letter, please remind them that it must include an ink signature and be submitted in a sealed envelope.
Personal Statement/ Essay:
Personal Statement describing why the student is interested in this MSN Degree, specifically indicating their idea for an innovative intra/entrepreneurial project/business.
Copy of current U.S. R.N. license required. Copies of any Advanced Practice Nursing Licensure and Certification Documents.
While specific experience not required, previous related work experience may make applicant more competitive.
International applicants, as well as immigrants to the United States and U.S. permanent residents whose native language is not English and who have not received a bachelor's degree or higher in the United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom, must show proficiency in English speaking as well as listening, writing and reading. American citizens born on U.S. military bases abroad may be waived from the TOEFL requirement after providing documentation of this status. Otherwise, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
If you take the TOEFLiBT exam, you must have:
- a minimum combined score for listening, writing, and reading sections of 79 plus a speaking section score of 26 or higher.
- a minimum score of 550 or higher and a Test of Spoken English score (TSE) of 55 or higher.
Additional requirements can be found here
Tuition and Fee Rates:
Please visit the Tuition and Fee Rates page on Drexel Central
Application Link (if