Certificate in Nursing Education
August 3-4, 2015
The Certificate in Nursing Education program provides an overview of essentials for
nursing faculty. The two-day program offers insightful discussions about key aspects of the academic nurse educator
and clinical nurse educator role from leaders in the field of nursing. The program will provide comprehensive
education for registered nurses working in a faculty role or those interested in a future faculty role.
Available via Webcast. Select webcast option during online registration or indicate on registration form.
The program will provide comprehensive education for registered nurses working in a faculty role or those interested in a future faculty role. Content for this program includes:
- Role of the Nurse Educator.
- Functioning Within the Educational Environment.
- Curriculum Development.
- Program Evaluation.
- Evaluation of Program Outcomes.
- Item Writing and Test Development.
- Learning Needs of Special Groups.
- Technology to Support the Teaching Learning Process.
- Faculty Engagement in Scholarship.
- Teaching in the Clinical Setting.
- Learning Styles of Students.
- Distance Education/Online Learning.
- Grounding Teaching Strategies in Education Theory.
- Creative Teaching Strategies.
- Teaching in the Learning Resource Center.
- Assessment and Evaluation Strategies.
- Academic Performance of Students.
- Legal Considerations.
Completion of this 2 day program provides you with a “Drexel University Certificate in Nursing Education”.