Mary Ebeling, PhD
Associate Professor of Sociology
Office: PSA 218
- PhD, Sociology, University of Surrey, 2006
- Science and Technology Studies (STS)
- Emerging Technologies and Biocapital
- Media and Democratic Cultures
- Radical Social Movements
- Sociology of Markets
- Political Sociology
- Ethnographic Methodologies
- Ebeling, Mary. Get with the Program!': Pharmaceutical marketing, symptom checklists and self-diagnosis. Social Science and Medicine, 2011.
- Ebeling, Mary. Marketing Chimeras: The biovalue of rebranded medical devices. In Aronczyk, M. and Powers, D. (eds.) Blowing Up the Brand: Critical Perspectives on Promotional Culture. New York: Peter Lang Publishers, 2010.
- Ebeling, Mary. Mediating uncertainties: Communicating the financial risks of nanotechnologies. Science Communication, 29 (3): 335-361, 2008.
- Ebeling, Mary. Beyond advertising: The pharmaceutical industry's hidden marketing tactics. PR Watch, Feb 21, 2008.
- Cooper, Geoff and Mary Ebeling. Epistemology, structure and urgency: The sociology of financial and scientific journalists. Sociological Research Online 12 (3). May 2007.