For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.


College polices supplement University policy and can often be more restrictive than University policies therefore, not only is it important, but it is your responsibility to stay abreast of all the updates and changes to both university and college policies. Since University curricula, programs, and policies cannot be static in a changing environment, this information is subject to change at any time. As a result, you should consult the CCI website on a regular basis throughout your career at Drexel. They may be updated periodically.

If you do not find what you need, please e-mail the College at or call 215.895.2474.

NOTE: Lectures may be recorded and/or streamed and rebroadcast for educational purposes only.

Best wishes for success during your period of study here!

CCI Conduct Policy

The College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) expects students in the College to exhibit behavior that embodies integrity. The programs in this College must have heightened standards of conduct given that computing and informatics professionals will be given access to sensitive data and/or be taught how to access sensitive data.

Therefore, the College strictly adheres to the policies outlined by the University as it relates to Academic Integrity. Violations of the Academic Integrity policy include, but are not limited to:  1. Plagiarism, 2. Fabrication, 3. Cheating, and 4. Academic Misconduct, all outlined in Drexel University's Code of Conduct handbook. When a student or organization does not act responsibly and violates the University policies, rules, regulations, or standards of conduct, formal disciplinary action may result.

The College requires that students act with integrity outside of the classroom as well. Any conduct violations related to integrity that happen outside of the classroom and/or off campus will also be treated very seriously. Conduct violations include, but are not limited to: identity theft, a purposeful breach of any website or data system ("hacking"), tampering with confidential/sensitive data, and/or the unauthorized sharing of confidential/sensitive data.

Both Drexel University and the College also expect that every student abide by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Drexel subscribes to the view that, where practical, it shall deal with matters of student misconduct internally. However, where student misconduct implicates federal, state, or local laws, the appropriate law enforcement officials may be contacted.

Acceleration of Degree

The College will not approve acceleration of a degree for purposes of graduation.

Academic Standards

A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 is required for graduation for all undergraduate programs at Drexel. Any student whose cumulative GPA is less than 2.0 at the end of any term will be placed on a warning list and will be notified.

Academic Standards pertaining to all students can be viewed here.

Note: CCI will not readmit a student to the college more than one time, should you be dropped due to poor academic achievement.

For information about the College's readmission policy and procedures associated with it, click this link.

Add/Drop Policy

Students are able to add or drop a course via Drexel One up until the Sunday of the first week of the term. For assistance, please see your advisor before Friday at 5 p.m. of the first week of the term.

Co-op Policy

Students who enter Drexel University in the Information Systems (IS) major can elect to participate in either the 5-year co-op program or the 4-year co-op program, while the Software Engineering (SE) major only includes the 5 year co-op program. Students electing the 5-year co-op program are required to complete *three six-month periods of co-op employment. Students electing the 4-year co-op program are required to complete one six-month period of co-op employment.
*Students who enter Drexel University from another institution (considered to be a "transfer" student) into the 5-year co-op program can choose to waive the third co-op experience.

Credit by Examination

The College of Computing & Informatics does not offer credit by exam for any of its course offerings. Other colleges and departments at the University may offer credit by exam. Please visit Drexel Central's website to view the Credit by Examination policy.

Course Withdrawal

To withdraw from a course (weeks 3-7):

  1. Complete an Add/Drop/Withdrawal form located on Drexel Central's website
  2. Have the instructor of the course sign the form.
  3. Have your academic advisor sign the form.
  4. Deliver the completed form with all necessary signatures to Drexel Central before 5 p.m. on Friday of the 7th week of the term. Incomplete forms or forms delivered to Drexel Central after the deadline will NOT be processed.
  5. You will be notified by Drexel Central that your form as been processed.

If you have questions about this process, contact your academic advisor. If you are unsure of where you stand in a course, ask the instructor of the course immediately.

Full-time/Part-time Policy

CCI adheres to the University's policy regarding full-time and part-time status. To view this policy, please visit Drexel Central's Enrollment and Registration Policies webpage.

Grade Disputes and Appeals

All appeals and grievances must be submitted to the Department Head within one term of the student receiving the grade in question. Final grades only are subject to appeal. Grades throughout the course are not subject to appeal.

Grade disputes are issues in which the administration of CCI rarely involves itself. A grade being simply "unfair" in the opinion of the student is not grounds for an appeal unless the case involves a violation of University policy or it can be proven beyond doubt that the grade assigned was arbitrary or capricious. "Arbitrary or capricious" implies that:

  • The student has been assigned a grade on the basis of something other than his or her performance in the course; or
  • Standards utilized in the determination of the student's grade are more exacting or demanding than those applied to other students in the course; or
  • The grade is based upon standards that are significant, unannounced and unreasonable departures from those articulated in the course syllabus distributed at the beginning of the course

(Taken from the Radford University Office of the Registrar website) Accessed on 6/27/18.

Student written appeals submitted to the Department Head should include details regarding why the grade given was arbitrary and/or capricious and relevant evidence. Once the written appeal is received, the Department Head will present it to the instructor in question for a written response. After receiving both the student's written appeal and the instructor's written response, the Department Head will forward both to the Academic Standing Committee for review and decision. The Department Head is a voting member of the Academic Standing Committee as are two full-time faculty of CCI. If a resolution can not be determined by the committee, the student and instructor may be asked to come before the committee to have an informal, fact-finding discussion regarding the details of the case. Neither the student nor the faculty member will be accompanied by an advocate or representative. After the meeting, the committee will discuss the case privately. If the majority of committee members feels there is evidence of arbitrary or capricious behavior exhibited in the grading of the student, the committee will take action. This action could include, but it not limited to:

  1. Requesting another instructor grade the student's work
  2. Request another final exam, paper or project be given to the student


Students are able to register for courses when their time tickets open. Time ticket information can be viewed on the Drexel Central website. It is each student's responsibility to ensure that they are taking the correct courses necessary to progress through their degree. Please contact an academic advisor for assistance.

Readmission Information

Purpose: Students seeking readmission after being academically dismissed, returning from medical leave, or returning from inactive status. Please visit Drexel’s Undergraduate Readmission Page to read Drexel University's readmission policy and initiate associated process.

Requesting Reinstatement from Academic Dismissal

For students who seek Reinstatement (who have been dismissed for academic reasons):

Undergraduate students who have been dismissed from the University for poor scholarship have the right to appeal the decision. Students who wish to appeal should contact an academic advisor for instructions.

If an appeal is successful, the student will be required to develop a plan of study to ensure academic progress with his or her advisor. Additionally, the student must sign and agree to an Academic Reinstatement Contract before his or her reinstatement may be processed.

Any subsequent academic dismissal action for which the student has not met the agreed upon academic progress goals will may result in final dismissal from the College.

The determinations to approve or deny reinstatement to CCI are final.

Statute of Limitations on Earned Course Credit

CCI follows the University policy regarding statute of limitations on earned course credit, except in cases of technology rich courses. In those cases, review is given on a course by course basis by the Associate Dean of the curriculum.

Term Credit Maximum

The maximum number of credits per term that a full-time student can enroll in is 20 credits. The only exception to this policy is for last term graduating seniors, who are allowed to take one class over 20 credits in order to graduate on schedule.

Time Tickets

Registration time tickets for a particular term can be found on the Drexel Central website.

Transfer Credits

If you plan to take a class at an accredited outside institution, you must obtain permission from your CCI advisor in advance of registration. To do so, consult with your advisor and ask them for a Transfer Credit Approval form.

Policies for transfer of undergraduate credit earned at another institution:

  • Transfer credit will be given for any pre-approved course for which you received a grade of "C" or better.
  • A maximum of 90 transfer credits earned at an outside institution can count toward the CCI degree
  • Students who have senior standing must take all of their remaining credits at Drexel. Students who do not have senior standing and have been pre-approved to take transfer courses, must have it completed before they reach senior status.

Students who register for a course outside of Drexel prior to obtaining approval risk having to drop the course if approval is denied for any reason.

University Withdrawal

If a student is contemplating withdrawing from the University, a student should first meet with his/her academic advisor to discuss possible options and the appropriate procedure for doing so. A University withdrawal form can be found on Drexel Central's website.