MS in Library & Information Science
Founded in 1892, CCI's Master of Science in Library and Information Science (MSLIS) is one of the oldest and most respected programs of its kind in the nation.
Accreditation, Awards and Accolades
- One of only 59 schools accredited by the American Library Association
- The MS is ranked 10th in the nation overall by U.S. News & World Report (2014), who also rated the College in the following specialty areas: Health Librarianship (1st), Information Systems (3rd), Digital Librarianship (6th), Services for Children and Youth (9th), School Library Media (10th), and Archives and Preservation (12th).
- A major recipient of grants from the Institute for Museum and Library Services supporting LIS research and student learning
- Founding member of the iSchools Caucus
- Students can complete their degree completely online, on campus or a through a combination of online and on-campus courses
- Students may specialize their studies through one of six optional concentrations (see below for details), and utilize electives to further enhance their education
- Practicum gives students the opportunity gain experience in their field and use their new knowledge before graduation
Six Optional Concentrations
The MSLIS program offers the following concentrations:
MSLIS Course Requirements & Descriptions
Please visit Drexel's Graduate Catalog for course requirements and course descriptions. To find out when courses are offered, please visit Drexel's Term Master Schedule.
Please visit our Graduate Admissions page for admissions deadlines and requirements for the MSLIS program.