CCI BS/MS Degree Admissions
***NOTE: Deadline for admission to the BS/MS program is 4 weeks before the start of the term.
- Student must be in a 5-year cooperative education program
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Must have completed a minimum of 90 credits but be registered for no more than 120 credits
- Transfer students must be at Drexel University for at least two terms. ***NOTE: Due to the course sequencing, it is highly unlikely a transfer student will be able to complete this programs requirements within the 5 year deadline. See your Academic Advisor for more details.***
- International transfer students must have the required graduate TOEFL score
- The GRE is not required
- Dual degree combination must be two programs offered by the College of Computing & Informatics
- Applicants to the BS/MS IT or IS program must have completed the following core Information Systems/Technology Courses
- INFO 101 Introduction to Information Technology
- INFO 105 Introduction to Informatics
- INFO 110 Human-Computer Interaction
- INFO 200 Systems Analysis I
- INFO 210 Database Management Systems
- Applicants to the BS/MS SE program must have completed the following core Software Engineering courses
- SE 101 Foundations of SE I
- SE 102 Foundations of SE II
- SE 103 Foundations of SE III
- SE 210 Software Specifications & Design I
- SE 211 Software Specifications & Design II
- SE 310 System Architecture
Note: Computer Science equivalent courses may be substituted for SE 101, 102, and 103. Applicants to the BS/MS Computer Science program must have completed the following core Computer Science courses (with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better):
- CS 171 Computer Programming I & CS 172 Computer Programming II (or CS 175 Programming I - II)
- CS 260 Data Structures
- CS 265 Advanced Programming Tools and Techniques
- CS 270 Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
- MATH 221 Discrete Mathematics
- CS 275 Mobile Web & App Development
- CS 281 Systems Architecture
- CS 350 Software Design
- CS 360 Programming Language Concepts
- Any CS course 300-499
BS/MS Admissions Process
It is imperative that once in the BS/MS program the student complete both degrees at the same time. If during the program the student decides to complete the undergraduate degree before the graduate degree, this will have billing ramifications and the student will need to withdraw from the dual degree program by sending an e-mail to his or her advisor. Furthermore, if the student wishes to continue graduate level courses, he/she would need to formally apply to the graduate program through graduate admissions.
Students applying to the CCI BSMS program must:
- Complete the BS/MS application found on the Office of Graduate Studies website under 'Accelerated Degree Program.'
- Meet with an academic advisor to determine a "Plan of Study." Note: CCI policy states that students can not register for more than 20 credits per term unless they are a graduating senior.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from at least one full-time CCI faculty member.
- Have completed foundation courses in their degree program by the end of the term in which application is made.