The iCommons Staff serves and supports CCI faculty and administrative personnel and individuals using CCI's Rush Building Student Lab resources by offering access to computing equipment, information systems software, audio-visual presentation equipment and limited bibliographic resources.
We also provide a computer lab and collaboration space for CCI student use. The lab provides free black and white printing for all CCI students.
The iCommons provides the following accounts for use with your classwork:
Policies And Procedures
- All students entering the iCommons must swipe their Dragon Cards at the iCommons Front Desk.
- No food is allowed inside the iCommons.
- No beverages are allowed on workstation tables. However, coffee and water must have closed containers and must be kept in book bags or on the floor beside you.
- In consideration of other users, discussions and noise must be kept at reasonably low levels.
- No user has permission to unplug network cables from station ports for any use including personal laptops.
- Students must remove all trash from their personal work areas.
- Ringers on cell phones must be placed on low volume level or on mute in consideration of other users in the iCommons.
Only faculty may reserve such equipment and portable projectors. Exceptions to this rule (for extraordinary circumstances) are determined by the iCommons director.
Students may reserve a laptop for a lab class within the Rush Building by going to the iCommon's lab just prior to their class. Please bring your student ID as this is the only way to checkout a laptop. All laptops MUST be returned to the iCommons IMMEDIATELY after class. Laptops are not to be removed from the building for any reason. If any laptops are not returned they will be considered stolen and the DU police will be notified.
Students from Other Departments or Colleges
Only CCI students, non-CCI students attending CCI classes, and CCI students on Co/Op may use the computers in the iCommons on a first-come, first-served basis.