Event Submission Guidelines
Submit to CASTLE
The Center for the Advancement of STEM Teaching and Learning Excellence (CASTLE) publishes a monthly newsletter and a biweekly announcements email for faculty and staff, as well as a biweekly announcements email for events regarding graduate and undergraduate students.
Submissions may not be published immediately nor are they guaranteed for publication. Items in the CASTLE Media email (CASTLEMedia@drexel.edu) are selected at the discretion of the Center for the Advancement of STEM Teaching and Learning Excellence. Submissions will be subject to editing for content and length.
Only stories about or related to STEM teaching and learning will be considered. Event submissions will be reviewed after the submission deadlines; approval is based on quality, content, and compliance to technical and digital specifications. All approvals are at the discretion of the Center for the Advancement of STEM Teaching and Learning Excellence.
Types of Content
Announcements are short pieces of content (roughly 100–300 words) calling attention to a particular topic. Announcements are found under the News section of the CASTLE homepage and under the News and Events page. Announcements can also include topics regarding CASTLE initiatives, including but not limited to PROFESS, DragonsTeach, and Drexel CIRTL.
CASTLE can advertise events on the CASTLE Calendar. Send event information to the CASTLE Media email for calendar review and consideration. Events will be displayed under the “Upcoming Events” section on the CASTLE homepage and on the CASTLE Events page.
Technical Specifications (for Event Images)
- File Format: JPG only
- Dimensions: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Resolution: 72 ppi
- Text: use minimal copy to effectively communicate your message or event (address: what, where, and when).
- Contact Information: Include a website URL, phone number, and email address.
- Proofreading: Spelling and grammatical errors, inaccurate and incomplete information must be corrected and resubmitted.
- Brand Compliance: Please review the University’s Logotypes for Digital Media guidelines to avoid incorrect usage of logos and the dragon icon.
Submissions will appear in one or a combination of the following:
- On the CASTLE homepage as a featured event or story
- On the “News and Events” page, but not on the homepage
- On a CASTLE-affiliated social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram) associated with CASTLE, PROFESS, CIRTL, or DragonsTeach.
- In the CASTLE monthly and biweekly emails to faculty and staff, and to graduate and undergraduate students
Submissions for the CASTLE Newsletter will be accepted for review anytime before the first Tuesday of every month.
CASTLE Student Announcements
Submissions for CASTLE Student Announcements will be accepted for review anytime up until the second and fourth Thursdays of every month.
CASTLE Event Invites
Submission & Display Guidelines
- Lead Time: Submissions for CASTLE Events must be submitted 1-3 weeks prior to the requested start date.
- Display Time on CASTLE Suite TV: 10 seconds
- Maximum Duration: 2 weeks
CASTLE newsletter subscribers will receive an email on the first of the month with events that will occur that month.