Students who complete the four core curriculum will receive an interdisciplinary graduate minor in Undergraduate STEM Education.
The graduate minor is presented in cooperation with various schools and colleges, academic departments and administrative units that support teaching and learning. Pending Drexel SCAA approval students will also have the opportunity to complete an MS in Undergraduate STEM Education.
The ideal candidate:
- Is considering a career in the academic professoriate
- Is interested in evidence-based teaching practices that promote undergraduate student learning and retention
- Is looking for an additional academic credential that enhances opportunity for academic employment
- Is pursuing a doctoral degree in a STEM field
- Is committed to implementing evidence-based teaching practices
Upon completion of this graduate minor, students will:
- Graduate students will receive preparation for future academic faculty positions, enhance their resume, and receive help with the academic job search.
- Have access to STEM educational resources, including scholarly articles, research design best practices, faculty mentorship, and professional development,
- Develop and maintain a STEM electronic portfolio
- Earn a graduate minor in undergraduate STEM education.
- Engage with faculty in formal and informal settings