Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE)?

A Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) is an unofficial record created by the Behavioral Health Counseling (BHC) program to document the courses and credits that have been accepted from a transfer student’s previous college or university. The first page of the TCE shows the number of transfer credits applied to general education subject areas (i.e., English, biology, math, etc.) and free electives. The second page shows additional elective credits beyond the general education requirements as well as course equivalency credits if applicable. The second page also includes the Saturday Scholars plan of study.

What is a plan of study?

In general, a plan of study is a map that shows when you should take each course needed for graduation. For full-time students, a plan of study is distributed at new student orientation. For Saturday Scholars, the plan of study appears on the second page of the TCE and is distributed shortly after acceptance into the program. The plan of study is designed for you to independently decide what courses you will register for each term and it will also help you keep track of your progress through the program. You are responsible for tracking/updating this plan of study.

When will I receive a TCE?

Transfer students receive a TCE shortly after acceptance into the program. An updated TCE will be sent to you whenever we receive an official transcript from another school showing that you have earned additional credits.

What courses should I register for?

Saturday Scholars should register for courses in the order they appear on the plan of study (second page of the TCE). If you wish to take fewer than 12 credits in a term, or you have earned a course equivalency for something in your plan of study for a particular term, you should contact the BHC academic advisor at to determine how to modify your plan. However, we recommend that, to the extent possible, you follow the plan as outlined.

Full-time students have more flexibility in scheduling courses because even though their plan of study specifies when general education and BHC core courses should be taken, electives can be scheduled at the student's discretion.

How do I find out when a course is offered?

To find out when courses are offered, the master schedules are available in the BHC Student Handbook (p. 21 for full-time students; p. 23 for part-time students). Online, you can visit Drexel's term master schedule located at

When should I register for classes?

Students "line up" to register in order of their class rank. Graduating seniors have first pick of courses followed by other seniors, then juniors, and so forth. Thus, every student has a specific time frame or "time ticket" during which they can register. To find out when your time ticket allows you to register, log on to DrexelOne, click on the "Students" tab and select "Check Your Registration Information." Then select the upcoming term. The earliest time tickets typically start six weeks before the start of each quarter.

How do I register for classes?

  1. Before you can register for a course, you must also know the course reference number (CRN), which is a five-digit registration number. To determine the CRN for a course, you must consult Drexel’s Term Master Schedule located at Select the upcoming quarter and choose the program link "Behavioral & Addictions Couns."
    under the college heading "Nursing & Health Professions." The CRNs for courses appear in blue.
  2. Next, visit the DrexelOne Portal at
  3. Log in with your user name and password.
  4. Click the "Students" tab at the top of the screen.
  5. In the "Registration" box at the top-right of the screen, click the link "Add/Drop Classes." If you come to a screen asking you to verify your address, do so. To get out of that area of the site, click the “Student Services” tab at the top of your screen. Click the "Registration" link. Click the "Add/ Drop Classes" link.
  6. Select the term for which you are registering (i.e., Spring Quarter 08-09).
  7. Type the CRNs (five-digit course reference numbers) of the classes for which you wish to register and click the button "Submit Changes."

I received a registration restriction or error notice when trying to add classes on DrexelOne. What should I do?

If you encounter any errors or restrictions, contact the academic advisor at E-mail the academic advisor at to request an override. Include in your message course number, course title, CRN, and a description of the restriction (e.g., BACS 100-001: Life-Span Human Development, 12345-PRE-REQ ERROR). Be sure to also include your full name, student ID number, and telephone number.

How can I keep track of courses I have taken and courses I still need to take?

To view a record of courses you have taken at Drexel, access your unofficial transcript. Compare the transcript information to your TCE if you are a Saturday Scholar or your plan of study if you are a full-time student. To access your unofficial transcript:

  1. Log in to DrexelOne.
  2. Choose the "Students" tab.
  3. Locate the "Student Records" box in the bottom-left corner.
  4. Click the "Academic Transcript" link.
  5. Leave "All Levels" in the "Transcript Level" drop-down menu.
  6. Choose "Unofficial Student Transcript" in the "Transcript Type" drop-down menu.

I have a financial aid or billing question. Whom do I contact?

Drexel Central: Student Financial & Registration Services, is your one-stop shop for all billing and financial aid questions. You can contact Drexel Central by visiting one of their campus offices (, by phone at 215.895.1600 or electronically at Additionally, information about billing and financial aid can be found at the Drexel Central website,