For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Need-Based Aid

We encourage you to apply for financial aid regardless of whether or not you feel you are eligible. This way, we can help you consider alternatives you might not have known existed.

Applicants who are interested in institutional need-based financial aid are required to submit both the CSS Profile and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Drexel recommends that applicants submit these two items as soon as possible. Applicants who do not submit this information by the deadline may not be eligible for institutional need-based financial aid.

Applicants who are only interested in need-based aid from the federal or state government only need to file the FAFSA.

You can submit the CSS Profile on the College Board website; be sure to list Drexel so that we can receive this information. You can submit the FAFSA online at using Drexel's FAFSA school code: 003256. You do not need to wait to be accepted to submit the CSS Profile and FAFSA. The CSS Profile can be started in October and the FAFSA can be started as early as January 1.

To learn more about need-based aid and how to apply, visit Drexel Central's Eligibility and Forms page.

Federal Loans

A student's financial aid package may also include federal student loans. This type of aid needs to be repaid. The federal government offers a variety of low-interest loans to both students and parents. Families must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to qualify.

Learn about Loan Options.

Federal Work-Study

Students who have demonstrated financial need may be awarded Federal Work-Study funds as part of the financial aid package. These funds are earned on an hourly basis through employment in approved Drexel Work-Study positions. The amount earned is not applied to the student's tuition bill but is paid to the student through a paycheck and is normally used for books, transportation, and personal expenses. Students may not earn more than the amount of their work-study award.

Learn about the Federal Work-Study Program.

A Note on Drexel Co-op

Income earned while employed through Drexel Co-op will not be considered when the Department of Education calculates your Expected Family Contribution (EFC); however, you are still required to report your earnings on your FAFSA. Your EFC is used to determine one's level of eligibility for federal and institutional need-based aid.