Office of University and Community Partnerships
Drexel’s Office of University and Community Partnerships provides a long-term strategy to improve the quality of life in Powelton Village and Mantua, the neighborhoods adjacent to campus.
In partnership with its neighbors, the University invests in public safety and security, homeownership, retail and the arts, economic development, community enrichment, and education. Those investments have laid the groundwork for a transformational commitment on the part of Drexel’s faculty, students, trustees, and administration.
Drexel’s approach aligns its academic expertise and culture of public service with wide-ranging institutional investments to create a collaborative and coordinated strategy. The effort is comprehensive, addressing key areas that strengthen the community. Drexel works closely with residents, nonprofits, city agencies, and corporate and foundation partners to bring new opportunities to the neighborhood.
The goals of Drexel’s Neighborhood initiatives include:
- A clean, safe, and sustainable neighborhood, with expanded security patrol boundaries and increased investment in safety infrastructure.
- Improved economic opportunities, through economic development initiatives that provide new opportunities for neighborhood residents.
- Stronger educational options for the community, with partnerships with neighborhood public schools.
- Greater access to health and wellness resources for families and residents.
- A livable and affordable residential community, supported by housing programs like the Employee Home Purchase Assistance Program to encourage owner occupancy.
- Private/public partnerships to create vibrant retail and commercial corridors near campus.
Learn More at the Office of University and Community Partnerships website.