Accounts Setup and Management
Set Up Your Account
- Incoming undergraduate students pick up their first accounts through our welcome service.
- Everyone else picks up their accounts by going to the Computer Accounts Management System (CAMS).
- These services will walk you through activating your Common Accounts.
- CAMS will pick the user-id that your IRT-issued accounts will use; you'll pick your own password and security question.
You can use these credentials to log into the Drexel domain, DrexelOne, Webmail and CAMS.
TIP: If CAMS doesn't recognize you, there may be a number of reasons why your account isn't ready, including a data mismatch or a transposed digit in your zipcode. Please contact email@example.com for assistance in getting the data correct so that you pick up your accounts.
Manage Your Account
Once you have picked up your accounts, you can log into CAMS at any time to check your email space usage, set email forwarding to other mail systems, and create a personal alias (so that you don't have to be known as something like firstname.lastname@example.org!).
Use the forwarding icon to choose how incoming email is handled. Your choices are:
- Send all mail to your Drexel mailbox (this is the standard action)
- Forward all mail to a different email address (like Google, Microsoft, or another Drexel department)
- Both -- keep a copy in your IRT mailbox and send a copy somewhere else
Use the quota icon to check how much of your 100 MB email storage is in use. TIP: LinkEdu accounts have much larger email quotas (50-100 times more!), have "drexel.edu" in their email addresses, and don't have ads like regular Google and Microsoft accounts.
In addition to your userID and Official Email Address, you can opt to have a personal alias. A personal alias is an address that you can give out to people. You will still need to log into Drexel locations with your userID.
If you desire to change your password, you can log into CAMS and click on the big set of keys next to your name. This will reset your email and domain passwords, not your Dunx1.
Password Reset Service
The Password Reset Service is available to users who do not remember their password, but previously set up their security question. If you have not previously set up your security question, you will be promped to do so the next time you log into CAMS. (If you navigate away from the setup page without selecting and setting your security question and answer, then forget your password, you will need to call the IRT Help Desk at 215-895-2020 in order to retrieve it.)
If you ever need to recover your password, you can use the Password Reset Service by clicking the “Help! I forgot my password” link on the front page of CAMS. Instructions for setting up and using the Password Reset Service can be found at AskDrexel here and here, respectively.